forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3451  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu May 25, 2000  5:46 am
Subject:  Re: Lessons In Sign Language Transcription

At 1:16 PM +0900 5/24/00, Mark Penner wrote:
>Whoops! I was supposed to do the first TWO signs??!! Glad I stopped when I
>did. I was off line for a while, and then didn't take the time to read all
>the posts carefully. Sorry for the confusion.

SignWriting List
May 24, 2000

No confusion at all, Mark. Your posting was fine and I look forward
to working with you all.

I have a small dilemma right now. Unfortunately, while I was
uploading our web site today, which is really large...

There are over 300 articles, but actually the number of web pages is
804! With 2,448 files and 1,624 images...

Well - the "sob story" is this:

In the middle of the upload today, all of a sudden it refused to FTP
(upload). And now, no matter what I do, no matter what program I try
to upload with...I get an error message and it refuses to FTP.

I have never had that happen before. The sad part to this is that it
uploaded the new site half-way, so up on the web right now is half of
the old and half of the new...that means that the icons on some pages
are broken up on the web and many illustrations are missing because I
cannot FTP to fix it - I am horribly frustrated.

Although I would hope this will get resolved soon, I hope you all
understand. I feel tired and need a few days to get my life together
again!

So gosh - I will be thrilled when I can say I have the web site up
and running smoothly again -

Any ideas from the technicians on the List about not being able to
FTP anything? I upgraded to system 9 recently on the Mac, and got a
new modem...all of those factors may have contributed...

Meanwhile, I surely hope everyone will keep SignWriting to each other
and help each other - sometimes my shoulders are just too small....

Best -

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3451  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index