forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3572  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Thu Jun 15, 2000  7:14 am
Subject:  Re: Writing The Neck

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Butler
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 12:56 AM

> Here is a new rendition of an ancient Irish Blessing. Hope you all like
it.

Hello Charles,

thank you so much for your beautifull contribution.

I´m not familiar with Irish SL - so it is a great chance to improve my
SW-reading skills ;-)

Thanks to your translation underneath it is a very good exercise. Thanks for
that.

In addition to that - as a beginner - I´m very very interested to learn from
others - the style of writing - what is neccessary, what is clear enough,
how to spell a special movement ...the style how to arrange the different
pieces of a sign (composition/ Gestalt )

Trying to sign - sign by sign - I noticed some difficulties to understand
and would like to ask you for your explanations.

1) Can you please write a sequence - beginning, middle - end of the sign
for peace ? (I guess that you writing is very economical - but I can´t
figure out why there is palm facing (left) back of the hand (right) axial
movement for both hands at the same time - curved movement down and out ..

2) Please have a look at my gif : What about the sign - for "deep "

Please have a look at my next gif in the next message .

All the best to you and thanks a lot

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
deep.gif
Type: image/gif

3574 Re: Writing The Neck Valerie Sutton Thu  6/15/2000

  Message 3572  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index