forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3767  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 7, 2000  5:01 pm
Subject:  Re: rotation symbols and directions

At 9:03 AM -0600 7/7/00, Jerry Spillman wrote:
>Do I read the .gif diagram correctly, then, that what you have drawn for
>the little finger shown moving from "flat hand bladed" to "flat hand
>down", and what is drawn for the thumb shown moving from "flat hand
>bladed" to "flat hand up"?
>Being a genuine amateur at this, I merely ask because I am interested in
>how the two would actually compare if the same hand motion is recorded
>for both the little finger and the thumb. Can I presume that the only
>difference would be the direction of the arrow's head? I think my main
>confusion is with how one can tell if it is the little finger or the
>thumb in the final printed product? Or is it significant?

SignWriting List
July 7, 2000

Hello Everyone and Jerry -
Here is one new diagram showing the baby finger rotation - maybe this
will help for that part of it. I will try to do another diagram
showing more about the thumb later today...

(I am a lousy artist and I need an illustrator)....

Attachment
babyfinger.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 3767  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index