forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3814  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Sun Jul 30, 2000  8:37 am
Subject:  video -format Japan/Germany

Hi Wayne,

thanks for your answer.

It sounds great what you describe about your activities. To be able to
"working like mad" is a very helpfull skill in order to learn to transcribe
videos in SW - ;-)

No , Iīm sorry - I canīt read the JSL - video fine - but the poor quality
allows me to guess what kind of movement the signer performs. Especially the
important details we are going to discuss " facial expressions - cheeks,
eyebrows, mouth ...some fingermovements are hardly to be seen. But -
nevertheless - Iīm very gratefull that I could manage to see the video at
all.
The excellent gifs Valerie offers on our home page are helpfull, though I
would love to learn to decide on my own what frame to choose ...
You are right the video-format NTSC canīt be viewed on my recorder. I went
to a shop and was so happy that they could copy the video in another format
PAL. Although there are stripes and other complications Iīm happy to be able
to look very carefully frame by frame at it on my computer. So I can decide
which of the frames would allow the best /sharpest view.
Itīs fun to learn other languages isnīt it ? Did you ever learn some German
?

All the best and have a great day

Stefan ;-)