forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4000  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  7:07 pm
Subject:  Re: SW helps to express students thoughts

On 10/1/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

>Well -first of all I´m very happy that a second facility in Germany is going
>to start to use SW on a regularly basis. It´s a facility for multiple
>handicapped deaf adults - A new Deaf sign-language teacher is going to order
>the SW -program and is very impressed by the materials I could share with
>her. Our first step will be to write down all the different signnames for
>staff and the handicapped co-workers. Wouldn´t it be great if some of them
>would realize that they are able to read ??? Even if it will be only a few
>signs -- but I´m absolutely confident that these people will take advantage
>out of this.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SignWriting List
October 2, 2000

Wonderful news, Stefan!

Yes...if some of the Deaf adults you mention could learn to read even
a few signs, that would be an accomplishment!

I can well imagine you are busy!

Thanks for all the reports ;-)

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 4000  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index