forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4011  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Oct 4, 2000  2:47 pm
Subject:  Re: SW Article: Sign Language & Linguistics Journal

>I've contacted Phyllis Wilcox...she's on the executive board...and she
>does have a copy of the journal. I hope to pick it up (to borrow) end of
>the week. I'll make some copies and forward one to you...I'm anxious to
>read it myself.
>
>Cecilia

SignWriting List
October 4, 2000

Thanks, Cecilia! That is great, and nice of Phyllis....

The article is really not that different than what is already on our
web site...So from your point of view, it will be nothing new. It was
written for researchers who did not know about SignWriting....it was
supposed to encourage them to visit the web site.

And some of the links (to the SignWritingSite) that are mentioned in
the article, were based on the old links...in other words...some
links are out-of-date. I had submitted that article in October, 1999
(a year ago), before changes were made to our web site...oh well! ;-)

So it is not a perfect article, but it certainly is better than
nothing. And I hope some researchers learn about SignWriting through
it...

In time, I will create an up-to-date version of it, with the proper
links. I can make some changes and re-title it, and turn it into an
article that will be useful for download as a .PDF from our web site
- But I will not do that immediately...it wouldn't be appropriate to
do that right now ;-)

Thanks for all your positive and interesting feedback about
SignWriting in Albuquerque - Maybe the next article can be about
literacy!

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 4011  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index