forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4024  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  8:14 pm
Subject:  Re: QUESTION: Curves Forward & Down

SignWriting List
October 13, 2000

Bill - I think your answer is excellent, and I am so glad you answered!!

And your instinct is exactly my answer...what you said above is
saying that "choosing the curve that curves towards the center of the
body"...is a natural choice, since signing is from your central
thinking and handshapes do fit the "in to the center" curve better
than the "out" position - You can see there is a visual agreement
based on what feels right....I believe Stefan would call that "good
gestalt"? If not, please tell us Stefan! ;-)

For those just joining us, here was the question again, which was
from Stefan in Germany...I would choose "B" too...
Attachment
Frau_rotation_symbol.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

  Message 4024  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index