forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4025  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  9:48 am
Subject:  Re: QUESTION: Curves Forward & Down

Oddly enough, I have to think that A is the better sign, not because of the
shape of the hand but where the arm must be for it to be the right hand
moving. I think OUT of the body if the movement of the hand is a rotation
on the wrist as well as up and down. For my writing, I divide the body down
the center. If the movement is up and down and the palm facing changes, as
I read the sign, it is complimentary to the side of the body that the arm is
coming from.

The curve B, I would expect on the other hand, on the outside of the body to
the LEFT.

I think drawing INTO the center, not away from the center.

Charles