forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4185  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild Roald
Date:  Tue Nov 14, 2000  3:51 pm
Subject:  Re: OK! I need your opinions ;-))....

Hi again,

I've done some more thinking. I had a question a while back, about the
problem when the thumb is not in the same plane as the other fingers - say
the others are nicely lined up in the same plane as the palm, pointing up,
and the thumb is straigt towards you. Then maybe the dots are a good
solution - I think this will have to be worked on for a while, tried out
with sign writing children and adults, to see what works. If both versions
could be in the next (?) computer program, we could try it from there, but
finally, I would wish us to have a common system, even if different sign
languages have slightly different interpretations/ articulations for the
same symbols, they would be close. Then the sign languages would not be in
the mess that the spoken languages are, with different alphabets and
different pronounciations of the same letter or letter groups within the
same alphabet. But we have a long way ahead...

Ingvild

  Replies Author Date
4186 Re: OK! I need your opinions ;-)).... Valerie Sutton Tue  11/14/2000

  Message 4185  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index