forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4309  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Dec 4, 2000  5:27 pm
Subject:  Re: animated gif - the magician

I don't want to be a stickler, Henk, but the whole idea is that it
>IS text! I'm sure you realize that "text" doesn't have to be English,
>especially between a German man and a Dutch man. If Stefan knew NGT he
>could put the subtitles in in that language!
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith

SignWriting List
December 4, 2000

Actually Angus, I don't believe that Stefan's second animation (the
magician) was a signed language. If one reads the Movement Writing
correctly, he is writing Mime and Gesture. Perhaps there were a few
German signs thrown into the Mime, but generally he was notating
movement used in acting out how someone moves while doing a
performance...

He shows the magician juggling balls, moving his hat up and
down...his head separates from his shoulders for minute, looking like
he was miming "falling down", and he was using facial expressions to
show shouting, fear, joy and excitement...

I want to thank Stefan for learning Movement Writing as well as
SignWriting, because animating Mime and Gesture is a wonderful way to
introduce the writing system in general.

Now, Stefan, if I have mis-read your animation, just tell us!!

It would be great to know what you had in mind ;-))

I think the magician is a charming fellow!

Attachment
magician.gif
Type: image/gif

4310 Re: animated gif - the magician henk pel Mon  12/4/2000

  Message 4309  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index