forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4333  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Mark Penner
Date:  Thu Dec 14, 2000  4:58 am
Subject:  Re: facial expressions and lip-reading

Stephan,
Thanks for the picture. I don't know anything about lipreading, teaching
or doing it, but I have struggled with how to make certain lip formations
that are an integral part of Japanese Sign Language. ah, ee, u (Short, same
as oo), e, and o (long), and then these same vowels with a "P" in front
(pa, pee, pu, etc)

> Nevertheless - I succeeded to develop a whole set of sound-signs for the
> German Language which is a tremendous help for my students to improve their
> articulation - or to get started from the beginning ;-)

Could you send me your SW sound set? I have a feeling it would be a big
help in trying to tackle this problem.

Mark

Mark Penner
Tokyo, Japan

  Replies Author Date
4341 Did everyone stop writing? Mark Penner Wed  12/20/2000
4343 Re: Did everyone stop writing? Valerie Sutton Wed  12/20/2000
4354 Re: Did everyone stop writing? Mark Penner Tue  12/26/2000

  Message 4333  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index