forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4340  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Mark Penner
Date:  Wed Dec 20, 2000  4:04 am
Subject:  Re: facial expressions and lip-reading

At 15:09 00/12/14 -0500, you wrote:
> I attached my SW.file anlaut.sw This file shows in the first part of
> each row the symbol for the sound- next to the right you will find typical
> german words that start with this sound
> In Germany we use such a "Anlaut-Tabelle" to inform the hearing !!!!
> children about the pronounciation of the letters -
>
> I $B%( (Jm interested in your feed-back

Thanks so much. I printed it out and it looks very nice. I just wish I knew
German Sign Language!

I noticed that there are 22 rows. Does this correspond to the German
alphabet? In English, we have 26. Which of the following should I remove
to have an accurate alphabetical rendering of your SW Sound Set?
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Even without knowing what letters corresponde with each face, I have
already gleaned a helpful hint--the overlapping faces are a good idea, and
may be what I need for pa, pi, pu, and po. I just recently learned that u,
and au are used as well in differentiating some verb tenses.

Mark Penner
Tokyo, Japan

  Replies Author Date
4344 Testing Japanese Fingerspelling Font Valerie Sutton Wed  12/20/2000

  Message 4340  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index