forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4344  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Dec 20, 2000  3:26 pm
Subject:  Testing Japanese Fingerspelling Font

December 20, 2000

Dear SignWriting List:

For those who know how to type in Japanese, I would like to ask a favor...

Please test these fonts on the web:

Japanese Fingerspelling Font, Windows
https://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/fonts/SuttonJP.zip

Japanese Fingerspelling Font, Macintosh
https://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/fonts/SuttonJP-Mac.zip

I am sure that the symbols are not placed on the correct keys, since
neither MIchael Everson nor I could find the information for "key
mapping" in Japan....We need to know which symbol should be placed on
which key...

In other words...when a Japanese person types the Japanese symbols
(not SignWriting)....what symbols do they expect to find on what keys?

Our goal is to make it very easy for the typist. They should be able
to simply type what they are used to typing, but the correct
SignWriting symbols will appear instead....

I have attached the present keyboard design, which needs to be improved...

Many thanks for your help, and happy holidays!!

Sutton-JP-Keyboard.pdf
Type: application/pdf

  Message 4344  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index