forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4339  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Thu Dec 14, 2000  8:09 pm
Subject:  Re: facial expressions and lip-reading

>From: Mark Penner
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Re: facial expressions and lip-reading
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:58:24 +0900
>
>Stephan,
>Thanks for the picture. I don't know anything about lipreading, teaching
>or doing it, but I have struggled with how to make certain lip formations
>that are an integral part of Japanese Sign Language. ah, ee, u (Short, same
>as oo), e, and o (long), and then these same vowels with a "P" in front
>(pa, pee, pu, etc)
>
> > Nevertheless - I succeeded to develop a whole set of sound-signs for the
> > German Language which is a tremendous help for my students to improve
>their
> > articulation - or to get started from the beginning ;-)
>
>Could you send me your SW sound set? I have a feeling it would be a big
>help in trying to tackle this problem.
>
>Mark
>

>Mark Penner
>Tokyo, Japan

Hi Mark,

nice to hear from you again. How is it going - did you translate any
some mor signs from the japanese bible project ?
Iīm sorry for you (and me ) that we didnīt continue - sooo much to do.

Well,- thanks for your interest in my "SW sound set " I like this term
;-)

Even if you canīt use these signs directly 1 : 1 for japanese sounds they
could be hopefully a basis for further developments for your purposes ??

I attached my SW.file anlaut.sw This file shows in the first part of
each row the symbol for the sound- next to the right you will find typical
german words that start with this sound
In Germany we use such a "Anlaut-Tabelle" to inform the hearing !!!!
children about the pronounciation of the letters -

Iīm interested in your feed-back

All the best

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
Anlaut.sgn
Type: application/octet-stream

4340 Re: facial expressions and lip-reading Mark Penner Wed  12/20/2000
4344 Testing Japanese Fingerspelling Font Valerie Sutton Wed  12/20/2000
4342 Transcription project Mark Penner Wed  12/20/2000

  Message 4339  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index