forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4351  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Dec 22, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: New Year at SignNet Project

On 12/21/00, SignNet-MCT-PUCRS wrote:

>1) we begin to translate the captions of the Science and Technology
>Museum of PUCRS (Catholic University), now we're only waiting that
>the staff of visual programming;
>2) gave our first SW basic course, that was a success, in the last
>day deaf and hearing students tryed to write their first text in SW
>(with only 24 hours/course !);
>3) of course, we're still busy with adapting SW to our sign language: LIBRAS;
>4) soon we will have news about the software Marcia B. Campos is
>developing, we're preparing a translation summary to send to the SW
>list, ok ? With our best wishes ! >SignNet project - MCT - PUCRS

SignWriting List
December 22, 2000

Dear SW List members, and all of those at SignNet!!

Many thanks for this great report and photo. We are really impressed
with your work in Porto Alegre ;-)

Your captioning work in SignWriting at the Museum sounds very
interesting ... And I am happy to know that your course was a
success! The handwritten document you attached was fun to read!

Congratulations to Marcia Campos and her team of software developers.
Yes...we would love to see a translation summary when you are ready...

As you know, I am meeting with Antonio Carlos on the 26th-28th of
December, and will hand him a document that compares the SignWriter
4.3 symbol set with the SignWriter 5.0 symbol set...I appreciate all
you are doing for the computerization of SignWriting in Brazil ;-))

And Merry Christmas and a Happy Year 2001!!

Val ;-)

  Message 4351  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index