forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4413  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Angus Grieve-Smith
Date:  Fri Jan 26, 2001  2:07 pm
Subject:  Re: New Front Page of the SignWritingSite...

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> I have no idea if the design is good or not...could some of you give
> me feedback? Post your feedback to the SW List...I am very open to
> criticism...and I do appreciate your input - after all - if you are
> using SignWriting, then that means you might open to this page a lot,
> and I want it to be a pleasure for you (and clear and easy too ;-))

Here's my thoughts:

- There's a tension between what you offer new visitors and what you offer
regular visitors. As a regular visitor, I don't want to see a front page
every time I bring up the site. I just want to see a link that will take
me to what I'm looking for.

- Even though the "Enter the SignWriting Site" graphic is very large, the
layout still makes it seem on the same level as the links to the other
sites in the SignWriting Webring. I found myself visiting the other sites
rather than yours. Which is not a bad thing, but maybe not what you
intended!

It's a big challenge to put everything that people might need on
one page and not have it seem cluttered, or have people scrolling
forever. I hope this feedback helps.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 4413  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index