forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4456  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Feb 11, 2001  7:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Fantastic

>I know how you feel about being shy. I have been reading all these amazing
>messages for a while now, but I never had the nerve to post anything until
>this week. Us shy people have to stick together. :}
>Denise Larkin

SignWriting List
February 11, 2001

I am so glad the shy people are joining in! And I know there are many
others who feel exactly the same. But it is nice to know you are at
least reading all our messages (smile ;-).

I was glad when I received a telephone call from you, Denise. It was
a great way to get to know each other. I have also been on the phone
with Stefan in Germany lately, and I certainly owe Cecilia Flood a
call in Albuquerque, New Mexico too..(Cecilia...if you are reading
this message, I am meeting with a the video producer this afternoon
about starting your documentary on SignWriting in New Mexico...)...

And Denise, I know you are interested in joining the SW Literacy
Project, but I remember you told me that you are not teaching at any
specific school in Arizona. Did you know that Robin Homesley, in
North Carolina, is also a "traveling teacher" who goes between
several schools? She is a member of the SW Literacy Project. In North
Carolina, the schools still accepted the challenge of a few students
learning SignWriting from Robin when she comes to their school...so
just know that traveling teachers do have a chance to join the
Literacy Project...it is a matter of working things out
together...and if the kids benefit, it is worth it...

Our Annual meeting yesterday went beautifully! Only wish you all
could have been with us ;-)

I will write a report on the meeting shortly...

The question now is...would you all like to join me for lunch?
Someone has to eat up all the delicious food that is left over - ha!
;-))

Good Sunday everyone!
--

Val ;->