forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4556  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  3:10 pm
Subject:  Re: En: Rotations at 90 and 180 degrees (forward)

On 3/8/01, Stefan Woehrmann2 wrote:

> My experience with these symbols is that they
>are easy to understand and not overloaded with too many tiny elements.

SignWriting List
March 9, 2001

Yes. I agree with you on that, Stefan. Just because the writing
system can technically write a lot of detail, does not mean that all
that detail is necessary for daily use...

Obviously if you are creating one of your animated SignWriting
sentences, then perhaps you, as the animator, might need those
details to make the animation work smoothly. So details are necessary
for some work...but not for everything.

Regarding the animation that opens on your front page of your
site....the one that really says something in German signs...do you
have any more sentences animated that way?

There are Deaf children in Albuquerque, New Mexico, who would benefit
from the animated sentences I believe, and whether the sentences are
written in German signs or American signs, I suspect that won't
matter...I would like to inspire them to try to animate some American
signs on their own....it just might be the spark to stimulate a Deaf
child's creativity on the computer...

Could you send that animated GIF to the List one more time? I will
try to help them to get it working on their machines...

Many thanks!
--

Val ;->