forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4806  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Tue Apr 17, 2001  12:09 pm
Subject:  Re: 5th graders

Hi Tini,

thanks for your message ;-)

if you can ±² translate it word for word - that makes sense - eh

It is not German but DGS - so nobody should try to translate it word by
word -

But the idea is - If you look at this role-play A and B are meeting.
At first they stand front to back - hmm look at the contact stars in the
beginning -- what is he A touching ??

Well - he touches the shoulder of B - in order to contact him - (Hi I ±>
here)

But the following - there is no need to know any German DGS signs - well
perhaps coffee
(It is no coffee ) and "juice " (It is juice!)

The rest of it is just a description where you can find the coffee-automat.

Most of these gestures should be international ?

The difficult point at this little story is that both of them describe the
location from the individual point of view !

A and B are not standing next to each other looking in the same direction -

Therefore it is a difficult thing to write the exact pointing and waving
and find the same location in the end - ?

Writing from the expressive view - you know - you switch each time from A :
to B:

If two people are reading this roleplay -- which seems to be funny - you
have to make sure to find your correct positions! Otherwise the poor guy who
wants to buy a cup of coffee will never find the automat !

Writing dialogues in SW will become an interesting subject ! We are
confronted with many more problems - if you compare that with story telling.

All the best
Stefan ;-)