forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4997  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  2:20 pm
Subject:  Re: SW "knowledge base" on CD

On 5/19/01, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>Here is just a thought. Suppose we tried a two way approach ... For
>example, maybe we could set up the static information on the website as
>HTML. Then perhaps there are people on the list who might have some
>programming skills for developing a way to search the web pages and any
>other more dynamic information.

SignWriting List
May 22, 2001

This is an excellent idea, Stuart. Have you seen our Google Search
Engine on our SignWritingSite? It makes it possible to search all the
related SignWriting sites...

SignWriting Search Engine
https://www.SignWriting.org/search

The nice thing about the Google Search Engine is that it updates its
own directory monthly...so you can search for up-to-date SignWriting
material at all times.

Obvisously the Knowledge-based CD is a little different, but the same
programmer who did the search engine for me, has the skills to create
the CD you suggest. The only problem is time...I have printed all
your messages and I will discuss this with him -
--

Val ;->

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

To manage your SW List email:

for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4997  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index