forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5249  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild Roald
Date:  Mon Jul 16, 2001  9:20 am
Subject:  Re(2): Sign Symbol Sequence (SSS)

skriver:
>One of the problems right now, is that I am not finished with the
>SSS. So I hope you all will have patience with me...there are many
>symbols that are not there yet, plus some symbols need to be placed
>in better groups.
>
>One of them is the symbol that Ingvild mentioned in Group 10...called
>the "Thumb Hook Middle"....Maybe that symbol should not be under
>"Thumb"...but instead placed in its own unique group...for "Middle
>Finger and Thumb"?...Group 10 is for the Thumb all by itself,
>relating to different tight Fists....but the Middle Finger and Thumb
>could possibly be a separate group....just a thought....what do you
>think?

I think that depends on the number/importance of the combination.

Or, you could make a group 'Thumb and middle/ thumb and ring finger' (I'm
sure somewhere someone has a handshape , other than your 7, using thumb
and ringfinger).

To me, the handshape 01-10-006 Thumb and hook middle felt ackward to
articulate, but that's of course because that's not part of our sign
language, so I'm not used to it.

Ingvild

  Message 5249  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index