forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5267  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Jul 19, 2001  9:22 pm
Subject:  Re: ¿How to write it?

Stefan wrote:
>Performing this sign - thumb touches the forehead-area as well ín
>the beginning as in the endpostion - A-hand - is the contact
>important ?? I could imagine that this sign would be performed while
>you are signing fluently without contact as well ?? (What does it
>mean - by the way ?? )

SignWriting List
July 19, 2001

Yes...in regards to writing contact stars...there are times when it
is necessary, but oftentimes, the contact can be left out, since not
everyone touches in some signs, and people can oftentimes understand
the sign without the contact.

In Denmark, years ago when I worked with them, they made a rule that
contact stars are only written when it would change the meaning of
the sign, if you didn't touch..
--

Val ;->