forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5376  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jul 30, 2001  4:44 pm
Subject:  SignWriter 5.0 for Windows

Sergio Ribeiro from Brazil wrote:
>I ±> from Brazil and i can see yours news in the list. I can say : I like
>this ! But i have one question or ask about the SignWriter 5 software. When
>it is available ? How i can to acquire ? I want this software because it is
>for Windows and is a better than the other for DOS, it seems, i think.
>Please, i waiting answer send me. PS: Sorry my incorrect english, I
>±> learning.

SignWriting List
July 30, 2001

Hello Sergio!
Welcome to the SignWriting List. We are happy to meet you ;-)

Your English is outstanding. Very easy to read. Plus, you are always
welcome to write messages in Portuguese too. So do not worry about
language...we all understand each other sooner or later - ha!

I hope you will write again to tell us about your work, Sergio...Are
you Deaf, or do you work with the Deaf?

Regarding SignWriter 5.0 for Windows...

It is not available yet. However, SignWriter 4.4 in MS-DOS is, and
there is a free Brazilian version on the web:

Download Shareware
https://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/sw44/download

We all use it...that means you can share files with hundreds of
people who know SignWriting in you use SW 4.4.

SignWriter 4.4 in MS-DOS can export Postscript files, making it
possible to create files in Acrobat pdf format, which is Windows
based.

Many people, including myself, work from Windows now, and just access
SignWriter 4.4 by double clicking on its shortcut, without exiting
Windows...and so the MS-DOS program is accessible from Windows.

There are programs for SignWriting in Windows being developed in
Brazil. Those programs are not the same as our SignWriter 5.0. They
are new programs designed by SignNet in Porto Alegre. For more
information about the Brazilian programs, write to:

Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa

Plus, I am working on a SignWriting database that will be for
Macintosh, Windows and Linux...So the future will be here before we
know it ;-)

Meanwhile, for now, give SignWriter 4.4 a try....it works fine!
--

Val ;->