forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5523  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon Aug 20, 2001  3:13 pm
Subject:  Re: sw symbols for the different countries _ here : Mexico

Hello Charles -

thank you very much for your feed-back -

Your verbal description of the different palm orientation of my gif are
exactely what I wanted to describe -
so horridooo thanks to SW we can exchange our ideas about a special
handorientation at the beginning of a special sign in a given SL .

The reason for my doubts is that I thought that you have to hook the
index-fingers into each others which is almost impossible if you hold the
right palm down and the left palm up. Especially if you do this in a signed
sentence - i thought that you would automatically twist one of the hands a
little bit so that the two palms are forming a angle instead of one upon
each other ??

Writing signs is a constant process of deciding and accepting a solution
that doesn ±² fit 100 % ;-(

But looking at various people who perform the same sign - we realize that
the variants are much more among the signers but in the spelling of the
written signs

Stefan ;-)