forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5662  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Sep 22, 2001  12:39 am
Subject:  Re: [SignWriting] SW in vector graphics

Trevor in Great Britain wrote:
>Can I suggested that we shouldn't bug :-) Valerie about SignWriter 5.0 at
>the moment. I have been doing this myself all this last week. There is
>lots of work required on SignWriter 5.0. It will not be ready for some
>time to come.....I've offered help ...

SignWriting List
September 21, 2001

Dear SW List, and Trevor!
Thank you for your offer to help...you know how much I appreciate
it...and of course I wish I could do more than I am doing...but there
is great hope for the future...

I am happy you are going to learn to type with SignWriter 4.4,
Trevor...That is important. If you could build a dictionary in
British Sign Language in SignWriter (with the SW4.4 dictionary
feature), that would help all of us greatly. The dictionary feature
gives us the opportunity to share sign vocabulary around the world,
not only in SignWriter, but later in SignBank...which will bring the
BSL signs into a Windows and Macintosh format...so it all builds
toward the same goal...good dictionaries!