forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5706  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Sep 25, 2001  3:53 am
Subject:  Re: Emulation Question on SignWriter 4.x under DOSEMU/FreeDOS/Linux

Trevor wrote:
>SignWriter 4.4 is the only thing I'm interested in running in this
>emulated environment so notes that other things do work isn't really of
>interest to me.

SignWriting List
September 24, 2001

Hello Everyone, and Trevor...

I shipped your SW 4.4 package today, Trevor.

I have experience with DOS emulators on the Macintosh. Years ago I
used SoftPC. Now I use VirtualPC, which is a very good program.

For those new to this...a DOS emulator is a computer program that
makes it possible to run DOS programs on machines that normally
cannot run DOS, like the Mac or Linux.

So SignWriter 4.4 works on a Macintosh, even though SignWriter was
not designed for the Mac. I use SignWriter on my Mac daily, in
VirtualPC.

In the reverse, there are Mac emulators on PCs too...although most PC
users don't realize it. You can run Mac programs on your PC, if you
own a Mac emulator software program.

And apparently there is one for Linux too...That is great!