forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5905  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Thu Nov 15, 2001  6:10 pm
Subject:  Re: Spelling questions

Hi Stuart,

thank you very much for your spelling questions -

I sat down and wrote several possibilities and there are definitely more -
depends on your focus ;-)

We can get a very easy to read sign like the first one - or another one
with a lot of more information (starting and ending position -- ... ) I like
the spelling with the facial expression - it is enough to read the movement
....;-)

(looking back in time --)
I am used to transcribe videos - so therefore you would understand that
there are several aspects - shoulders, head-movement, mouth-gesture, the
movement of the right V-hand - directly backward over your right shoulder -
or is there a wrist-flexing, or a curved movement ...

So - all in all - the wonderfull thing about SW is that now we have got a
basis to discuss several suggestions on a solid visual platform-
I am not familiar with ASL - so I just added some intuitiv speculations -
;-)

In Your spelling of the second sign - you better write the left hand in a
different way - have a look at my gif

All the very best

Stefan ;-)