forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5952  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Macripiper ."
Date:  Sun Nov 25, 2001  3:59 pm
Subject:  South American Sign Language Meeting

Dear valerie and SW list members:
There have been "centuries" that I've stopped to post anything. I'm
Cris, ex-member of SignNet Project and SL interpreter. I've been soo
busy with my work as interpreter. Now I'm a member of the Ethics
commission of my state and work as a voluntary to the deaf federation
and a free lancer SL terp too !
Well...I went, last week, to the first South American Sign Language
Interpreters Meeting in Montevideo, Uruguay. Each country was
represented by a deaf leader and a sign language interpreter. Brazil:
Marianne Stumpf (our main researcher in sign writing) and me. We
presented how our interpreting courses are organized (contents,
etc...) and a differential was just Sign Writing that is each time
more accepted and requisited by SL interpreters here. It was a
agitated discussion about it, you know, but in general many people
contacted us to know a little more about it.
Just to let you know how things are going in terms of spreading SW.
My best regards.
Cris
www.angelfire.com/ms/cris66

  Replies Author Date
5955 Re: South American Sign Language Meeting Valerie Sutton Sun  11/25/2001
5980 Re: South American Sign Language Meeting Charles Butler Wed  11/28/2001

  Message 5952  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index