forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5959  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Nov 25, 2001  9:48 pm
Subject:  Re: Is SignWriting Necessary?

SignWriting List
November 25, 2001

Hello James and Daphny!
This is so great...thanks for sharing this with us...here is an
example of a Deaf person fluent in one Sign Language (Nicaraguan),
using SignWriting to learn another Sign Language (ASL)...that proves
we can write different signed languages, based on writing body
movement...

Leigh...this is an example....as far as how we made that leap from
body movement to signed languages...well...frankly I am not sure
myself..We just tried it until we got something that works...over
time...it was not done overnight...it was done through experience and
truly dedicating our lives to the process...

Val ;-)