forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6090  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Dec 28, 2001  7:00 am
Subject:  Re: ZURICH: Mouth Gestures

>Zurich Project wrote: I suppose the most pragmatic solution would be
>to write all the symbols on one face and then tidy up the image with
>a graphics program (Graphic Converter, Photoshop) right before the

Writing facial expressions by hand is not a problem... Typing facial
expressions with SignWriter 4.4 does have problems. The circles for
the face are not good graphics quality - like little staircases!
Plus, when you place one face on top of the other, the symbols will
oftentimes collide with each other and are you are
right, there are graphics problems...

You mention good solutions above....converting the graphics with
other software, or adjusting it in Photoshop...

Stefan in Germany did something very clever...He constructed the air
leaving the mouth with individual lines, line by line, which he found
elsewhere on the SignWriter keyboard...If you look at the attached
diagram, you can see that he spaced the air lines further from the the faces can be "specially constructed" in SignWriter 4.4
if need be.

The attached diagram is taken from the web site:

Type: image/gif
Size: 4k

  Message 6090  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index