forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6092  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Dec 28, 2001  5:02 pm
Subject:  Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting!

>>Regarding the new web posting on
>>https://www.SignWriting.org/arabia/arabia.html ...Dan Parvaz wrote:
>>"The sign on the page for "Arab Nations" is really the sign for
>>"Saudi Arabia". Other Arab nations have their own signs for their
>>countries; in fact, the sign for "Arab(ic)" varies from country to
>>country in the Middle East."

Dear SW List Members, and Dan!

Yes. You are right. The sign for Saudi Arabia is described in the
interview with the Saudi Arabian Deaf man, Abdul Aziz, on this web
page:

https://www.SignWriting.org/deaf/deaf005.html

So I asked Mohamed if I could temporarily use that sign to represent
the "Arabic Nations", since I know no other sign...If you know of a
better sign, please write it in SignWriting and post a GIF to the
List and I will be happy to post that on the web....

In time we will need to have a separate web section for each of the
Arabic Nations, respecting their individual traditions and
languages...

But we are just beginning...so for the moment, I have lumped them all
together in a broader category....
Attachment
arabia02.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

  Message 6092  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index