forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6105  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Dec 29, 2001  11:54 pm
Subject:  Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting!

>Dan Parvaz wrote: Assuming that a universally agreed-upon sign for
>"Arab" will not be
>found soon for a region which stretches from the Western coast of Africa
>to the Indian Ocean, it might be nice to have an animated GIF which
>shows as many signs for "Arab" as possible. I can't think of a nicer way
>to honor the linguistic richness,diversity, and unity of the region (9an
>iznak ya mHammad!).

I will be happy to place animated SignWriting for the sign for Arab.
So if you want to animate the SignWriting symbols moving in the sign
that will be fine. But I will only place SignWriting animations on my illustrations...that is not the point of SignWriting!

Stefan is the expert on animating SignWriting. See the front page of
his web site. That opening page has a real sentence in German Sign
Language, written in SignWriting, looks like someone is
really it teaches SignWriting literacy:

So animate the sign for "Arab" if you wish!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

Read & Write Sign Languages

Sign Language Dictionaries

Read & Write Dance

Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Replies Author Date
6106 Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting! Valerie Sutton Sun  12/30/2001

  Message 6105  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index