forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6230  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Tue Jan 22, 2002  11:18 pm
Subject:  Re: ZURICH: Some general questions

Here are my thoughts on the queries on orientations of the fist and of a
single finger in a diagonal plane.

1) For the fist, I would show a wrist flex to show the orientation of the
palm of the fist pointing to the non-dominant side for the first position,
then a turn out and up to the final position, with the wrist line giving a
clear orientation of the fist upright and palm facing outward.

2) For the finger on the diagonal plane, I thought that one of the options
that was discussed was to put the "spot" for closer or the "line" for away,
directly on the finger to indicate its relative diagonal in the plane
perpendicular to the body. The arrow starts off thick and the top and thin
at the bottom to show the same thing, movement in a straight line down and
out.

These are my first tries at the queries, using rules which have been
discussed before without creating anything new.

Charles Butler