forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6294  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Susanne Bentele
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  12:12 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting Font (DE) & a request

Hello Dan & all,

>You can try PCx, which is a freeware PC emulator for Macs. I'm using it
>to run MS-DOS 6.2 in Classic mode on MacOS X. If you're using MacOS 9.2
>or earlier, it's even easier. First, download the emulator...

I downloaded PCx and installed it on my computer. Everything seems to
be fine, i.e. I can do all the "fine tuning" in the preferences that
open when I start the programme, but when I actually do switch to the
PC environment, something seems to go wrong. All I get is a dark
screen with cryptic white things - which are neither LETTERS not
NUMBERS. My suspection is that PCx cannot handle the resolution of
the Mac Titanium's wide screen (which I cannot change into a more
normal format) and therefore the symbols are not building up
correctly but are "fragmentized"...

Any suggestions...?
If not... - may I repeat my request (of somebody writing the six
examples for me) ...?

Thanks for any kind of answer!
Best,
Susanne

  Replies Author Date
6295 Re: SignWriting Font (DE) & a request Dan Parvaz Thu  1/31/2002
6299 Re: SignWriting Font (DE) & a request Valerie Sutton Thu  1/31/2002

  Message 6294  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index