forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6314  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  6:39 pm
Subject:  Re: ( English ) SignWriter Windows

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> SignBank can look up by symbols, not words, plus I have been editing
> the typing of a Deaf person all week, so I think that will change,
> Angus. It is true that the Deaf people who use SignWriting do not
> post messages to the SignWriting List, but they are using SignWriting
> nonetheless...and you are right, that right now probably more hearing
> people use SignWriting, but that is changing slowly...Val ;-)

I was specifically talking about the process of creating
SignWriting documents by looking up words in English or German and pasting
the signs into the documents. A person who feels more comfortable doing
that than typing in SignWriter is probably hearing, or at least dominant
in a spoken language.

-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department
University of New Mexico

  Message 6314  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index