forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6348  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
Date:  Sat Feb 16, 2002  4:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Frustration and SW

Here Here for Cris and Brasil, and I second the motion for TONS of Sign Language Literature.

I am giving a lecture on Sign Language AS Literature at DeafWay II in July of 2002 and need examples from the various projects of current materials available.

I know there is one book in Portuguese, that I would like to get a copy of (O Menina), and many examples from past Sign Writer newspapers, but I hope that we can get some solid examples for me to display. 

If there are samples, other than one is already on the Web site, that you could send me directly by email or by surface mail I would appreciate it.  I will be taking (with each sender's permission) each loose paper article and mounting it on a board as a display with notes, plus making a few copies as samples.

I already have an excellent article on the Trojan war, and the numerous blessed examples of children's responses to September 11.  We need more literature, some bilingual, some not.  I agree, I agree, I agree.  Exposing Deaf children to their own language from many points of view can only help.

Charles Butler
11348 Cherry Hill Road, #302
Beltsville, MD 20705-3741
USA
chazzer3@erols.com

Message 6348  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index