forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6496  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Mar 12, 2002  8:21 pm
Subject:  GERMANY: Deaf students translate from DGS to German

SignWriting List
March 12, 2002

Dear SignWriting List Members:
Recently I received a message from Stefan Woehrmann in Germany, about
a new posting on his web site...When I took a look on the web, I was
amazed!! Apparently his deaf students were able to translate the
German Sign Language (DGS) written in SignWriting into German
words....here is what he told me:

https://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/school/baeuerin1.htm

>>The whole class is on its way to understand this process -
>>translating from one system to the other......Stefan ;-))))

Totally terrific, Stefan! That is a promising development, that the
deaf children are translating betweeen signed and spoken languages...