forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6496  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Mar 12, 2002  8:21 pm
Subject:  GERMANY: Deaf students translate from DGS to German

SignWriting List
March 12, 2002

Dear SignWriting List Members:
Recently I received a message from Stefan Woehrmann in Germany, about
a new posting on his web site...When I took a look on the web, I was
amazed!! Apparently his deaf students were able to translate the
German Sign Language (DGS) written in SignWriting into German is what he told me:

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Stefan wrote:
>>I use my website as a teaching tool at my classroom. Therefore I
>>simply paste some materials that are created for my class in order
>>to demonstrate how wonderfull it can be to create bilingual
>>materials. And we are in need of that. Just if you are interested :
>>Today Irina and Danny wrote a test in German. They did an excellent
>>job. They translated the first four pages of the picture story that
>>is posted on my homepage :

>>The whole class is on its way to understand this process -
>>translating from one system to the other......Stefan ;-))))

Totally terrific, Stefan! That is a promising development, that the
deaf children are translating betweeen signed and spoken languages...
Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting List Archives:

  Message 6496  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index