forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6569  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  5:55 pm
Subject:  Re: Lesson learned

SignWriting List
March 20, 2002

Glad you solved your problem, Henk, but Angus is also right, that
there is a free way to create PDF files:

Angus wrote:
>Glad you found a solution that works for you, Henk, but in case
>you ever want to make PDF files for free, you can do so with the
>Ghostscript program (https://www.ghostscript.com/gsview/index.htm).

And creating PDF files from SignWriter can be a blessing, even if
your printer is working, because it is a format that other people can
read. Most computers have Acrobat Reader automatically installed...so
you may want to try to learn to create PDF anyway, if you have
nothing to do - ha! ;-)

Val ;-)

------------------------

Hello Valerie and List,

Last night I learned all about p.s. and PFD. Halfway through I came
to the realization that we don't have the Acrobat program. We only
have Acrobat Reader. I also realized that the Acrobat Program does
not fall within our budget. So I did the smart thing and went to bed.
This morning I reconnected the printer with the parallel cable and
followed the step-by-step instructions. Presto! It works again. I'm
happy, Tini is happy and we are going to celebrate with a nice cup of
coffee. Thank you, everyone for helping me.

Learning Is Fun Eh?

Henk

  Message 6569  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index