forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6651  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Mar 29, 2002  3:39 pm
Subject:  Cecilia's dissertation on SignWriting in the schools...

SignWriting List
March 29, 2002

Wonderful to hear from you again, Cecilia! I have been trying to give
you peace, since I know you have been writing your dissertation and
you have a deadline, so thanks for taking time to write to us, and
thanks for the map, and for your old interview with the New York
Times reporter so long ago...smile...your dissertation will make news
when it is finished! Val ;-)

----------------------

Cecilia Flood wrote:
>For a very brief interval, I'll come away from my 'dissertation writing'
>and respond to the announcement about the NY Times article. I've been
>asking my Mom, a resident of New York City and a daily reader of the Times
>to keep looking for 'that to be' article about SignWriting. Like you
>Valerie, I'll believe it and read it when it finally gets published. Sounds
>a bit like my dissertation, 'a work in progress' if there ever was one! I'd
>like to add one comment about SignWriting users here in the Albuquerque N.M
>area regarding that world map with red dots. I used that map for our
>presentation up in Colorado way back in November. I used an overhead
>transparency that showed the location of Albq. then invited Colorado
>educators to 'add' another dot just a bit north of us. Actually, I think
>the locations of those US dots are a bit off. None-the-less, I have a copy
>of that map with about thirty four signatures that have declared
>themselves, SignWriting users. Want to send that to the NY Times?
>Happy Spring everybody.
>Cecilia Flood
>also known as C.F.

  Replies Author Date
6654 Re: Cecilia's dissertation on SignWriting in the Bill Reese Fri  3/29/2002

  Message 6651  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index