forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6745  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 7, 2002  6:09 pm
Subject:  Re: SignBank Manual Online & Animation

SignWriting List
April 7, 2002

Dear SignWriting List Members:
I have now established a new web page:

Download SignBank Instruction in PDF Format
https://www.SignBank.org/help/download.html

You will see I have one document available at this time. It is
written by our programmer, Todd Duell, for those who wish to add
video clips and animation in QuickTime to SignBank.

FileMaker cannot accept animated GIFs, because the GIFs do not
"move", but remain static...so to have animation that really moves
"inside SignBank", editors will have to create their animation in the
..mov format.

Stefan mentioned to me that the animation may not be necessary, if we
already have video clips and other explanations of the signs, and
certainly that is true. And I have no idea how much animation we will
be adding to the SignBank database, but I am still happy that I
planned a space for animation, in case someone does want to add
it...Cecilia Flood mentioned to me that one of her deaf students,
Andy, had asked before if the SignWriting could "move"...so there may
be interest from some deaf students. Who knows? Maybe there will be
SignWriting animators in the next generation...

Val ;-)

  Message 6745  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index