forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6790  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 14, 2002  5:31 pm
Subject:  Re: presentation of SW in Germany

SignWriting List
April 14, 2002

Stefan wrote:
>Some additional explanations, reading and writing exercises and in the end
>the presentation of the Swiss -German sentence of the NOAH - Bible -
>tory - presented as wonderfull TT-fonts written both from left to right and
>top to down - (see the attachment) immediatly we found us in a
>wonderfull discussions that demonstrated the benefits of SW.

Hello Stefan and Everyone -
This looks sooo good, Stefan. I opened your attached Microsoft Word
document, and then did a screen capture of one sentence in
SignWriting in that document, that was prepared with your new True
Type fonts for SignWriting, and then I created a GIF, and it is
attached for the SignWriting List to see....

Stefan has been working with the Fontographer program to create
GebaerdenSchrift and MundbildSchrift True Type Fonts...Fontographer
is a computer program made by Macromedia, and it is one of the world
standards for creating True Type fonts. Macromedia was kind enough to
donate Fontographer to us. At the moment we have another group of
fonts, called the Sutton Fonts, available for download on our web
site, developed by Michael Everson:

Download Sutton True Type Fingerspelling Fonts
https://www.SignWriting.org/catalog/sw214.html

Michael and I continue to work on a series of fonts, that will be
directly related to Unicode at a later date. Meanwhile, other people,
like Stefan in Germany and Steve in Spain, and groups in three other
countries, are developing their own fonts for SignWriting...thank you
to all of you!

So, I am creating a new web page for "SignWriting True Type Fonts",
where I hope to offer for free download, different font families
created by different typographers. I plan on writing to different
typographers for permission - in the long run I think it will be a
valuable addition to helping people around the world publish
good-looking documents in SignWriting -

Thanks once again for sharing, Stefan, and for creating such good
looking fonts ;-))

Attachment
GebaerdenSchrift_TT_Fonts.gif
Type: image/gif