forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6824  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 21, 2002  4:37 pm
Subject:  Re: Why Sign writing

SignWriting List
April 21, 2002

>> Tini Pel in Canada wrote:
Sorry a bit late with my reaction on the article from New York Times.
Just great Valerie, It showed again how important Sign Writing is,
not only to the deaf but the speaking as well. A very good example is
the section in the paper about Dawn McReynolds and her 12-year-old
daughter at that time and now with her academic success because of
Sign Writing.

Hello Tini and Everyone!
Thank you for this message, Tini. I learned about Dawn McReynold's
success with her daughter from the New York Times article myself - I
had not realized they were still using SignWriting and I am really
amazed at it. When I called Dawn to thank her for the interview, she
told me that Nicole is vocalizing better too...I remember Stefan told
us that some of his students are vocalizing more because of
SignWriting...something I would never have imagined!

Val ;-)

  Message 6824  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index