forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2941  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Tue Feb 29, 2000  2:56 pm
Subject:  Re: Writing Songs

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> It would be interesting too to compare Ron's ASL version of the KJV
> Bible with a BSL version. Except I don't favour the KJV; go more for
> contemporary translations---even with the hearing. :-)

These would still be translations of translations. The ideal
situation would be to find someone (or several someones) who could
translate directly from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek into the
target signed language.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 2941  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index