forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5245  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jul 15, 2001  2:20 pm
Subject:  SW Materials in Spanish

Hector wrote from Colombia:
>>> I am studing very hard SW and producing some translations using
>>>SIGN WRITING symbols, some Deaf and Hearing ask me to teach them
>>>SW, but now I am very busy. So in the morning (at 4:00 or 5:00
>>>a.m) I study or traslate somting into LSC with SW or into Spanish.
>>>for example this is my SWINTRO translation into spanish. On this
>>>way they self can study signwriting.

SignWriting List
July 15, 2001

Dear SW List:
There are several countries that are preparing, or have already
published, SignWriting materials in the Spanish spoken language...

In Madrid, Steve and Dianne Parkhurst have published several books
and ongoing newsletters in Madrid Sign Language and Spanish. I will
be preparing their textbook in Spanish for the web in the future.
Plus others have published in Spain too...I can tell you more later...

In Nicaragua, James Shepard-Kegl has prepared volumes of literature
in Nicaraguan Sign Language, and I believe their textbook on
SignWriting is in Spanish as well as signs.

And now, Hector and Margarit, in Colombia, are starting to develop
materials in Spanish and Colombian Sign Language.

Thank you, Colombia! This is a great gift ;-)

Please see the attached diagram, that shows an excerpt of one of
Colombia's documents in Spanish...

Attachment
SWINTROD.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5245  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index