forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1133  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Apr 8, 1999  3:38 pm
Subject:  SignWriter Shareware

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Joe Martin posted this message:

>Paul?
>
>Hi. The University has millions of dollars worth of computer hardware
>here; it's very impressive. It doesn't *DO anything y'unnerstand, but it
>sure looks good. >:-)
>One specific thing it doesn't do is run the Signwriter Shareware Package;
>it is downloaded onto a disk, and i got it up and on the screen, but
>it won't do anything once there. We have a great big support staff, too,
>who should be able to answer any and all questions. Which is nice, cause
>I'm dumb as a post here, and I need to made files in signwriting
>
>ignorantly yours,
>Joe Martin
___________________________________

April 8, 1999

Hello Joe and Everyone!
Glad to hear you have such great equipment at the University, Joe, and glad
to hear you got SignWriter up on the screen. That means you just need to
learn certain tricks, and you will be able to use SignWriter.

Whenever you have questions or technical problems using the SignWriter
Computer Program (or shareware), be sure to write to me - I give technical
support to people everyday through email. So I am happy to help.

Perhaps you have not read the manual that came with the shareware?...to
explain...once you open SignWriter and it is up on the screen, you will
notice that there is a row of "command words" at the bottom of the screen:

Open New File etc......

Type the "Alt" key plus the first letter of any "command word". For
example, let us imagine you want to open a file called "welcome". Press the
"Alt Key" and then tap on the "O" key, for the word "Open":

Alt-O (Open command)

The program will ask you:

Open what file?:

Then you type the name of the file you wish to open, such as "welcome" and
that file will open on the screen.

So try that Joe - you will see - it is easy to use SignWriter once you
learn a few things -

And feel free to write anytime with more questions -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1133  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index