forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1219  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Deborah Holden
Date:  Fri May 7, 1999  2:12 pm
Subject:  Re: introduction

> Deborah,
> I really wanted to respond to your questions. It's great to see so much
> interest there is SignWriting.
> I hope this helps you,
> Best Wishes.
> Dawn McReynolds

Dear Dawn,
Thanks you so much for your response. It helped me a lot. I wanted to say
that I agree with your statement "children that just don't want to put it
down". Some of my students hate writing. But they are interested in
SignWriting, so that is very exciting. Some don't want to do SignWriting. I
think they are afraid of the "ASL" part. They think they don't know and use ASL
but English. So we can alleviate that problem. Write in English. Right?!
Even though the students think they don't know ASL, they use it everyday. Like
you said, "ASL is her (their) language".
The other point I wanted to make is that; at this time we do not know which
teachers will be working with the students next year. So I do not know if any
know ASL or are willing to learn. I know that SignWriting will be something I
work with the students on but I was not sure if I could do it alone. But as you
said you are home schooling your daughter. So I have nothing to worry about.
Thanks again for your help. Deborah

  Message 1219  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index