forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1817  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Thu Sep 9, 1999  7:32 am
Subject:  transpositions

continuing this.....movement is clear; but two questions more, please?
a) for the sign for FINALLY one would write crossed D-handshapes, with
movement arrows showing that the hands separate. There is also a facial
expression that is a necessary part of this sign, so draw that in. The
question is where to draw it; above the hands, below, to the right or
left? Does it matter?

b) the SW symbol for the ASL sign CAT has two handshapes; one drawn at the
side of a head-circle to show that it is done on the cheek, then a
movement arrow with the other handshape at the end of it. That
head-circle which shows location only appears by the first handshape not
with both of them; could it appear by the second one instead?