forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2072  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 26, 1999  1:40 am
Subject:  Re: Ok Guys...I need your approval....

>Valerie and List,
>
>Perhaps I am mistaken, but are we having a misunderstanding about what
>will attach (is possible to be attached) to a message, or what is
>permitted to be attached? I believe your meaning is that besides .sgn
>and the graphics file formats mentioned, the list is prohibited from
>attaching .exe, .com, .bat, .dll, .dbf, etc., but SignWriting .sgn and
>all the graphics formats will be allowed up to a certain size limit?
>
>Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes. That is right, Jerry...

Why do I want to do attachments? 1. Because I would like to teach
SignWriting inside email messages...and 2. Because I would like people to
have the chance to write a message in SignWriting themselves and see it
show up in their email messages. I thought that would encourage people to
learn and use SignWriting.

How do we do that without overwhelming people? We are going from NO
attachments...to many attachments...and we may lose members if we overwhelm
people.

I have been trying to find a compromise...so I limited it to SignWriting
and graphics files. But even that may be too much.

And thanks so much for the .FTP offer which I think is great....however for
me to teach how to write a sign inside an email message...the FTP, and the
web too, is not immediate enough...it is not inside the email message.

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

SignBankSite...Databases Online
https://www.SignBank.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2072  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index