forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2141  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Oct 27, 1999  6:18 pm
Subject:  Re: Creating .GIF Files

>Wayne writes:
> Well, I don't have paintbrush, but I did find something called Paint,
>and thanks to what Valerie said about Alt-PrintScreen, I was able to capture
>the screen and it showed up in Paint just fine, where I inverted the colors
>and cropped what I wanted to crop. Not having PhotoShop, I looked around
>and discovered PhotoDeluxe (you can tell I don't use these programs very
>much). I finally figured out how to transfer the Paint file to PhotoDeluxe.
> Then I finally figured out how to convert the image to a GIF file in
>PhotoDeluxe. If all of this has worked, you should be seeing "Taiwan Sign
>Language" and "Hello!" in Taiwan Sign Language below. Here's hoping!
>
> - Wayne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok...Here is what happened - an exciting first start, Wayne!!

You created a good .GIF. It shows up in the Archives, but it is very grey.
The reason? I think you created a transparent .GIF, and what is fascinating
about that...when a person creates a transparent .GIF, it comes in as a
separate attached file OK, but it doesn't seem to show up as a picture
inside email messages - or at least it is sporadic at best.

So if you want people to see your writing inside their email message, it is
best to use a Web format, but not transparent - there are many forms of
.GIF, which of course makes life complicated!!

But other than that, you did a .GIF!! Congrats!

So if others could not see the .GIF that Wayne created inside their email
message, just go up on the Archives to view it - you will know that it is a
transparent .GIF because it is completely grey in color.

The ones that are not transparent, have a grey box around them, but the
image itself is white....they are the ones that show up inside email
messages :-)

We are all learning :-)))

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2141  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index