forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2204  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 3, 1999  8:36 pm
Subject:  Re: My messages not showing up on Hotmail..

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>The cause of such things here is a bug in Outlook Express 4.5 for Mac. If
>there's a MIME part declared as HTML it prefers that to the plain text
>version---even if the HTML part is empty. Hotmail is one of the sources of
>such messages! I've seen similar things from webtv address except there the
>message header includes a MIME part declaration but there are no parts at
>all. Again OE gets confused and displays nothing.

>I know the technical reasons (in terms of RFC 821/822) but there's nothing
>I can do to fix it.
>
>> Do you think it has something to do with Mac versus Windows, or interlacing
>> versus not interlacing?
>
>Neither. It's a bug with Hotmail.
>
>> Thanks for your help -
>
>Isn't much of a help really. You'll have to badger Hotmail to correct it so
>that multiple MIME parts are rendered correctly.
>
>Regards, Trevor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Trevor!
Thanks so much for this informative message. And I suspect there are some
bugs in the Hotmail attachment setup.

But guess what - I just tested it with a private hotmail account I have. If
I send an attachment to hotmail, from my "" email setup,
the attachment shows up and so does the message!!

But if I send the attachment from my "" account, then
the message is blank!

So there is something with my configuration on the one account that is
causing it in this case :-)

So everyone...until I can figure this out...I will be mailing all my SW
List messages from ""...if this solves it I am thrilled!

Meanwhile...if any of you EVER get a blank message - remember the SW List
Archives!!

Thanks again Trevor!